Nest has launched a smoke alarm that
- Talks to you about the impending danger and the location of the danger, rather than just beeping (Intelligent feedback)
- Stays connected to you via your phone and informs you when the system is low on battery or if the alarm goes off (Continuous feedback)
- Is gesture controlled and recognizes hand waves, eliminating the need to swing a towel (Takes in user input)
- Provides light at night (Nice to have; going with their theme of creating a superior "home experience")
- Coupled with the Nest thermostat, it can sense carbon monoxide poisoning and even shut down the furnace.